Failure to yield to pedestrians when driving a motor vehicle in Nevada can result in a traffic ticket which can carry the penalty of a fine and demerit points. Whether you are in Las Vegas or any other place in the state, pedestrians have the right of way when they are following the pedestrian laws by crossing the road in a designated crosswalk or legally at an intersection. Motorists failing to yield to foot traffic in Las Vegas, Nevada, can receive a ticket for this moving violation and may face additional charges for reckless driving. You may wish to consult with an attorney because penalties for this moving violation can be severe and may include fines, loss of your driver’s license, community service, and jail time.
Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk
It is quite frequent that Las Vegas traffic officers pull a driver over for a Failure to Yield offense. In fact, failure to yield Las Vegas Traffic Tickets are extremely common.
In fact, this Las Vegas Traffic Ticket is probably only second to running red lights for citations given.
Las Vegas Failure to Yield Attorney
Attorney Bennair Bateman, commonly known as the Ticket Fixer Las Vegas and Mr. Vegas ticket fix, notes that failure to yield offenses can be potentially serious offenses.
The normal find for failure to yield is $305 plus loss of 4 demerit points on your driver’s license, a potentially more serious impact than just the ticket because you only get 12 points acquired in order to lose your driver’s license.
Losing your license can seriously impact your pocketbook, and if you are a commercial driver, such as a taxi, Uber, limo driver or truck driver, you stand to lose thousands.
And note too that while the fine is $305, it can go up to $1,000 if a pedestrian is involved.
Are there defenses for failure to yield? Yes, including:
- The other driver was darting in an about cars
- The other driver was darting through traffic at a high speed
- The other driver was driving without headlights
- The officer did not really have a good view of the situation.
Consequently, a Las Vegas Failure to Yield Attorney is your best bet in court.
North Las Vegas Municipal Court
North Las Vegas Municipal Court is where your traffic offense will be heard, and where your Las Vegas Failure to Yield Attorney can do you a lot of good.
First, your Las Vegas Failure to Yield Attorney will meet with the district attorney and explain any extenuating circumstances. There is a very good chance that your Vegas Ticket Fix Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas can persuade the district attorney to drop the case.
And if not, your Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas can often get traffic officers to admit they did not really have a full view of the situation.
Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas
Attorney Bennair Batemen is the Ticket Fixer Las Vegas with experience in Failure to Yield cases. Hiring him can be the smart choicer rather than let the courts punish you, often unfairly.
Contact him today.
Continue reading the full article “Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk Traffic Ticket in Las Vegas, Nevada” on FixYourTickets.com
Have you lost your ticket? Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Lookup
Do you need to fix your traffic ticket? Fight Las Vegas Traffic Ticket
Do you have past due, unpaid tickets? Quash a traffic warrant
Or read our article about “Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada“
Common Moving Violations in Nevada
Attorney Bennair R. Bateman – Abogado Benito
Grew up in Dallas, Texas and graduated from Hillcrest High School where he played football. He also lived for four and a half years in South America where he learned to speak Spanish fluently. He graduated from BYU with a degree in Political Science. Afterward, he worked on several political campaigns and worked for a non-profit educational foundation in the Washington DC area. After a while, he attended the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. During his time in law school, he was a member of the Society of Advocates (Boyd Law’s moot court team) and served on its executive board. After law school worked at several prestigious law firms in Las Vegas before opening his own law office in February 2015.
Traffic Ticket Lawyer Las Vegas
FREE consultation for traffic fines
Have you received a traffic citation in Nevada? Our attorneys at Fix Your Tickets can help you reduce or even discard your tickets. For a FREE consultation, contact Traffic Ticket Lawyer Las Vegas Bennair Bateman 702-747-4444. In many cases, we can reduce your traffic tickets to a minor violation or dismiss them without the need for traffic school. Also, with the benefit of zero demerit points on your driving record.
Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Lawyer
Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Lawyer
If you need assistance with any type of warrant including Bench Warrant, Outstanding Warrant, Arrest Warrant, Search Warrant, or Traffic Warrant contact our Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Lawyer to see if we can quash the warrant.
Do you need to speak with a traffic accident lawyer?
Have you suffered an injury due to a traffic accident in Nevada? If so, you may be due damages. Contact our Traffic Ticket Lawyer Las Vegas to discuss your ability to win compensation to pay your lost earnings, loss of future wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering.
Las Vegas DUI Lawyer
Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Nevada
If you have been pulled over and arrested for a DUI in Las Vegas, Nevada and you would like to speak with a Las Vegas DUI Lawyer call 702-747-4444. Our Las Vegas DUI Attorneys can help with all DUI cases including Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription drug, and Illegal Narcotics.
Fix Your Tickets
Las Vegas Attorney
Blog Posts in English
- Improper Turn in Nevada Traffic Tickets
- Failing to Stop for a School Bus
- Carpool Lane Violations
- Illegal U-turn in Nevada
- Reckless Driving Laws and Penalties
- Hit & Run Laws, Obligations, and Penalties in Nevada
- Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk
- Failure to Signal Traffic Violation Ticket
- Nevada’s Running a Red Light Traffic Laws
- Nevada’s DUI Fines and Penalties (1st, 2nd and 3rd Offenses)
- Nevada’s Driving Without Auto Insurance Laws
- Nevada Laws for Driving without Registration
- Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada’s Laws for Driving without a license
- Nevada Speeding Ticket Laws and Fines
- Las Vegas, Nevada Seat Belt Ticket Laws
- Demerit Point System in the State of Nevada
- Driving While Using a Cell Phone: Nevada Laws
Blog Posts in Español
- Las Vegas Leyes de No detiene para un autobús escolar
- Las Vegas Violaciones del carril de Carpool
- Las Vegas Multa de Giro en U Ilegal
- Las Vegas Leyes y Sanciones de Conducción Imprudente
- Penalidades, Obligaciones y Leyes de Pega y Corre en Las Vegas
- No dar paso a los peatones en Las Vegas
- Fallo en señalar de tráfico en Las Vegas
- Conduciendo a través de una luz roja
- Conducir sin licencia en Las Vegas, Nevada
- DUI Conducir bajo la influencia del alcohol Multas y Sanciones
- Conducir sin seguro de auto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conducir sin registro en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cómo deshacerse de una orden de arresto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Exceso de Velocidad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Cinturón de Seguridad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sistema de punto Demerit de Nevada
- Conducir en Nevada: Las leyes de uso del teléfono celular de mano